WP-Chat plugin embeds Jaxl IM (Instant Messenger for the web) for wordpress blogs. It runs across all major browsers and built upon XMPP protocol. It is a hosted solution from Jaxl.im empowering real time communication between you and your site visitors. It expects no software or hardware pre-requisites from your site servers or users. Above all it’s free!
- Supports for all major browser including Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE
- Embeddable on all blogs, forums, personal, social and enterprise sites
- Built using XMPP protocol (backbone for facebook and google chats)
- Hosted dashboard for site admins and IM users
- Pluggable and Skinnable using developer api
- Connect with you desktop IM clients (e.g. Pidgin, PSI, …)
In two of my previous post (Introducing MemChat and Jaxl BOSH Demo), I discussed and demoed a very early version of WP Chat plugin. In past 3 months, work has been done to make WP Chat generic enough so that it can be embedded across all kind of blogs, forums, social, personal and enterprise level websites. As of today, the product is named as “Jaxl IM (Instant Messenger for the web)” and made available as “WP-Chat” for the wordpress users.