Well I was just doing the daily maintenance of one of the sites I own where I have several youtube videos embedded. I noticed that I wasn’t able to embed some videos successfully which were there before yesterday. I tried changing my script 2-3 times, tried different method. Finally I thought of opening the video directly in the browser.
Bingo! Youtube is down for the first time in front of my eyes. Am I dreaming?
I did a quick:
- ping youtube.com (Failed)
- tracert youtube.com (Failed)
- ping google.com (Success)
So indeed it was youtube that sucked for the first time. Find below a snap shot of the same.
You can clearly see that:
- Server not found on browser
- Top right window shows successful ping to google.com
- Below two command line window shows failed ping and tracert of youtube servers.
For a bigger clear picture click here:
This is some news 😉