I was quite impressed with the Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar and Outlook implementation of the same and wondered how exactly is it done? What are the challenges? So I thought of making a clone of one of them and see if I am able to achieve the same level of perfection.
I must say my 1 day of work did indeed brought some smile to my face as I could see my application running and rocking. Here is it, try out for yourself and Let me know if it worked for you. You can even use it for your day to day needs, my server is up and running forever 😉
Important before you try it out:
- It will ask you for Email Id and Password.
- Give your personal email id where you want to receive event’s notification.
- Password can be anything, which you can reuse to login.
- It will send out an email to your email id above 30 minutes before the event start
- For eg. If you marked an event for 26th July, 2008 – 06:00 PM. You will receive a mail notification of the same at 26th July,2008 – 05:30 PM.
- There must be atleast an hour gap between your event time and the moment you are marking it.
Thats it, try out. Works for me perfectly. Let me know about your feedbacks.